There are benefits to making a research appointment:
- Receive one-on-one help from a librarian for up to 45 minutes.
- Learn to create a research strategy (select and refine a topic).
- Get help finding sources for your assignment (scholarly, peer-reviewed, books and more!).
- A librarian can help you research, explore a topic and more!
- For writing and citation (MLA, APA,) help, use the LAVC Writing Center.
- If necessary, cancel an appointment using the link in your email confirmation.
- If a student fails to show up for an appointment within 15 minutes, the appointment will be cancelled by the librarian. The student may reschedule at another time if they still need research assistance.
Note: Due to COVID-19, all research appointments are currently being held online or via phone. Connection details and will be emailed by a librarian in advance of the appointment